Wednesday, January 9, 2008

We Are Home!!!!!

Sorry for the late post. Everything has been crazy since we got home. We arrived home Friday night Jan 4th.

The trip went well and the weather was nice. We arrived in Guatemala on Monday Dec. 31st at 12:40 pm. We were at our hotel and checked in by 1:30. Brady was brought to me by 2/2:30. He was even more handsome in person. My sister and I instantly cried and so did his foster mother. It was an emotional meeting. That day we spent getting to know each other and playing. The next day we went to breakfast then hung out by the pool for awhile. Brady and I got in the pool. He loved the water. That evening was spent going to dinner and meeting with other families that were staying at the same hotel and also with our in-country coordinator to make plans for the following morning for our Embassy Appt. Wednesday morning was an early one. I got up real early and got myself ready then got Brady up and dressed and fed a bottle while walking out the door to our Appt. It took about 2 hours at the Embassy. Had my 2 interviews and the next thing the guy said was "OK you can pick up his visa tomorrow" . I said "That's It"? My coordinator said yes and took us back to out hotel. The rest of the day we spent celebrating and shopping. Thursday after breakfast we took a walk of the city and went to one of their local malls. It reminded me of the malls here in the states. It had 4 floors and a food court. That night after dinner I started packing. We were leaving early Friday morning.

Later that night my sister got very ill. The alarm went off at 3:30am and I got cleaned up and helped my sister get up and pack her bags, then got Brady up. We headed for the airport at 5am. We landed in the U.S. around 10:30/11am. After going through immigration and security we just made it to our flight to head home around 1pm. We landed in Cleveland around 4:50pm. Waiting for us was Mark, my sister and brother-in-law and my 2 nieces. They had balloons and stuffed animals for Brady. It was so nice to be home.

We all are adjusting well. Brady is eating well and is back on formula. He sleeps all night and takes 2 naps during the day. He had a Dr's appt. yesterday and is weighing 14lbs 12ozs. and is 25 3/4 inches tall. He has another appt. on Friday with a Dr.specializing in International Adoption to make sure his vaccinations are up correct and up to date.As soon as I can get my photos into the computer I will post some.
Have a good day!!!!!!!

Here are 2 pictures taken of Brady and I Sunday at our agency's holiday party. Thanks Sheila and Lisa.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just told Kristina yesterday I was waiting for you to blog about this! I have been praying for you all...your whole family. He is a beautiful baby and is blessed to be with ones who want him and love him like I can hear that you do. I pray continued blessings on your family!

-Kara Wise

Anonymous said...

I just told Kristina yesterday I was waiting for you to blog about this! I have been praying for you all...your whole family. He is a beautiful baby and is blessed to be with ones who want him and love him like I can hear that you do. I pray continued blessings on your family!

-Kara

Mindy said...

I was happy to get to meet him on Sunday. I just think he is the tiniest and sweetest little boy ever! All THREE of you looked so amazingly happy and I was SO happy for YOU. He looked so cute in those tiny shoes and HAPPY too! Congrats on being home, being done, and being able to look forward to just being a family!
Hugs

Our Family of 5 said...

YAY! So, glad to see a update! Glad to hear your all doing well. Hope your sister and Mark are feeling better? Thanks again so much for bringing Sophia back her doll. She carries it around the house. Gimme a call while your off, let's get together!! It was great to finally see you and Brady together!!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!! Welcome home Brady!!