Friday, April 20, 2007

Our Journey

Mark and I met in 2001. Our first date was dinner at Olive Garden. Our second, third, and fourth dates were high school playoff football games. After a few Massillon Tiger football games he knew I was the woman he wanted to marry. Mark asked me to marry him November 9th, 2002 at that same Olive Garden we had our first date. After I accepted his proposal we rushed off to see yet another playoff football game. We married on September 13th, 2003 in Akron. We bought our first house in April of 2004. The house was pretty quiet and I wanted to get a dog. So in September 2004 we adopted a 1 yr. old Boxer and named him Baron. There was still something missing in our lives. We tried to have children. After several years of trying to conceive a child on our own we chose to start our family through adoption. Our adoption journey started in October of 2006 when we signed with an agency. November, December and January were spent running around gathering all the necessary paperwork. We met with our social worker in February to complete our homestudy , evaluation and classes. We spent the month of March getting all the paperwork Notarized, Certified, Authenticated and Legalized. Wow what a process!! On Monday April 9th we hand delivered our paperwork to our agency. We finally could take a break and relax. That wouldn't last long though.............


No comments: